Steps to Booking Gastric Sleeve Surgery
The initial step at 360 Sleeve is booking a free consultation. This can be achieved virtually, over the phone with our highly trained surgeons, or at our clinic. In this step, the surgeon(s) will determine what course of action should be taken to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle while also achieving your weight loss goals.
Following this, once you feel comfortable and confident in the diagnosis from the doctors and you are a viable candidate for the Gastric Sleeve procedure, a surgery date can be secured.
- Review and complete the provided consent forms
- Fill out a patient health questionnaire
- Get bloodwork and an ECG done at your local lab
- Book a pre-op virtual appointment with the anesthesiologist
- Book a virtual appointment with our dietitian
The pre-operative appointment is done with the Anesthesiologist so that they can get a better understanding of your medical history. At 360 Sleeve Clinic we want to address all and any health concerns that may come up to ensure you receive a comfortable experience.
The appointment with the dietitian is important as it becomes the stepping stone to help with the adjustments which are going to be made in your diet. Figuring out what foods you will be comfortable with and what kind of diet will best help your weight loss journey are vital.
Preparing for Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Pre-Op Shopping List
The following items are recommended for you to have before surgery.
Post-Op Kitchen Essentials:
- Food Scale
- Measuring Cups
- Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
- Blender Bottle
- Food Grater
- Portion Control Plates
Pre-Op Shopping List (Cont.)
- Anti-Nausea Tea or Gravol
- Pill Crusher
- Gauze Pads & Bandage Tape
- Extra Strength Tylenol
- Stool Softener
Post-Op Diet Essential:
- Clear Liquid: Broth, Decaffeinated Tea, Sugar-Free Water Enhancer
- Full- Liquid: Protein Shakes, Low-Fat Soup, Low-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, Skim Milk
- Vitamins & Supplements
What to Pack for Surgery Day
- Health Card
- Change of Clothes
- Headphones/ Earphones
- Kobo or Reading Material
- Toothbrush &Toothpaste
- Hairbrush & Hair Tie
- Facial Wipes
- Lip Balm